TERMS AND CONDITIONS - HIRING
Aughton Hire, the owners, will place on hire the items described in the customer order, e-mail or fax, for a minimum period of one week. Thereafter the hire period is extendible by the following rules, 1-2 days, which will be charged on a pro rata basis or 3 days or more which will be charged at the full weekly rate. These extensions are automatic and will not bare any relation to the hire term set out on the customer purchase order.
- The hire period of seven days is consecutive and inclusive of weekends. The hire commences on the day the equipment is delivered to the hirer or is collected by the hirer from our offices. The hire continues until the equipment is received back at our head office.
- The hirer may retain equipment for longer than one week without giving notice to the owner.
- The hirer will in its use of the said equipment observe all the maker's instructions and other regulations that may be issued for the proper use thereof and shall be entirely responsible for any damage caused to the said equipment through failure to observe such instructions or regulations.
- lt will be the Hirer's responsibility:
- Not to subject the said equipment to any misuse of any unfair wear and tear and to use same in proper manner.
- To preserve the owner's or manufacturer's identification number or marks on any nameplate that there should be on said equipment.
- To keep the said equipment safe from damage and in good condition whilst the equipment is in the hirer's possession.
- To indemnify the owner in respect of loss or damage to the equipment however caused, except for fair wear and tear and normal use. ln the event of any damage theft or loss the hirer shall notify the owner immediately, who will quote a reasonable sum covering the cost of repair or replacement, plus any loss of income as applicable to be paid by the hirer. The normal hire rate will continue until the owner has been paid in full the amount of the said sum.
- ln the event of the equipment being found defective on receipt or during use, the Company must be notified immediately and we will replace with the minimum possible delay.
- The hirer will not without the previous consent of the Owner, sell or offer for sale, mortgage, pledge, lend or otherwise dispose or part with the possession of the items or any of them.